Sunday, February 8, 2009

My thought on the Grammys 2009

First off I just wanna say FREE CRHIS BROWN! Issa its your time now, lol...I was buggin when I heard that went down, I hope both parties are ok though. Secondly, I would like to say that the Grammys in my opinion were once anti-climatic. It wasn't a bad show but it wasn't great. Apart from the moments that I got excited to see hip hop hold it down on the mainstage several times throughout the show, there wern't any moments that I can't wait to talk about tommorow. I must say that I was very proud of Lil Wayne for getting his this year, although Lupe Fiasco's: The Cool was the best album of 08', you can't argue that Wayne's impact of the industry as a whole in 08 was historical. I'm not from New Orleansbut I've been there a couple times, and I feel that his city would be happy with the way they were represented well under the circumstances.
Another good moment was Jay Z's cameo during Coldplay's performance, Hov's swag was stupid lol, he definitely killed that verse. The Swagger Like Us performance was dope too. MIA is a G for performing on the day she is expecting to deliver, that would of been wild if she would have went into labor while performing! Radiohead did their thing too...that marching band combined with Tom Yourk's energy drew me in...It also seems like everybody trying to grow their hair out these days too, I noticed the homey Lupe got a few naps poking out now, and is it just me or does Kanye's new hairstyle make him look 10 years older. I dunno, thats it I guess...o yeah I had never heard the song until tonight, but that country record that won all the awards was throwing me off because all 3 of the people that made the song seemed lame as hell, but once they performed the record I can understand why they won everything, its a good song, reminded me of some old school blues...but yeah I hope to earn a Grammy in my future one day, all in due time. Hip hop made alot of progress tonight but as you witnessed, we still have a long way to go...lets take it to the next level!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment