Sunday, April 5, 2009

Atlanta's So So Def sign is no more!!



Damn, this was one of the first things I noticed when went to the A for the first time. Seem like the recession hitting e'body and they mama these days. Will So So Def be the next iconic hip hop label to go extinct? I hope not. Bad Boy might be the last standing...(diddy take that voice) can't stop, won't stop. JD is very underrated when it comes to his contribution to black music period. He's arguably one of the greatest hiphop and rnb producers of our generation. I think the city should help out so they can leave the sign up there. That sign has become a landmark for the A!

After more then a decade the Atlanta staple that many have come to know and love is no longer.

Jermaine Dupri's "Welcome To Atlanta So So Def" sign has been taken down.

I was coming from out of town when I noticed it had been removed. I thought I had passed it, but after driving back down 75 and coming back up again it was no mistake the sign is no longer.

After slightly digging around I hear the sign was simply too expensive in these troubled times. You would've thought that they city of Atlanta would've kept it up. But I guess our Mayor has bigger problems than a damn JD sign.

Personally, I am saddened that the historic billboard is no longer.

It seems like everything we once knew is changing with each passing day. Da Brat is in jail, Bow Wow is a grown man, JD has ARGUABLY fallen off and Xscape is..well u know. What a way to end a legacy.

What do I tell my people's who drive into town now? Look out for the Varsity sign???


Talk to y'all lata,

--SOHH Gyant

2 comments:

  1. daaaag. that sucks. and i didn't know da brat is in jail. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blog like yours should be earning much money from adsense..-.,” work schedule login

    ReplyDelete